This raw no-cook grain-free porridge replaces grains like oats, that porridge is traditionally made with, with processed apples and pears & topped with additional fruit. A healthy, quick and easy nourishing breakfast recipe, made in just 5 minutes. Allergy friendly and suitable for numerous dietary requirements. Free from gluten, dairy, lactose, wheat, soy, nuts, seeds, grains, refined sugar & oil. Vegan, paleo and autoimmune protocol (AIP) friendly.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost to you I will earn commission if you click on a link and make a purchase. See my full disclaimer here.
Porridge is such a popular breakfast. However, it’s traditionally made with grains like oats, which can be a common food sensitivity. Grains also contain anti-nutrients which can:-
- Damage the gut,
- Bind to nutrients in our food,
- Prevent our bodies from absorbing the nutrients, which over time can lead to deficiencies (6).
It’s why grains are excluded and not suitable for those following the autoimmune protocol, paleo and whole30 diets.
One healthy quick and easy alternative is to replace oats with apples and pears, processing them in a food processor until they resemble oat sized pieces to make noatmeal.
Ingredients in this grain-free porridge
Apples & Pears used as a replacement for oatmeal.
Spices. Apples and pears are processed with the juice from half a lemon and flavoured with warm spices of:-
Toppings. The porridge is topped with plums, blueberries and raspberries. The sweetness of plums, neutral taste of blueberries with the tartness of raspberries compliments the apples and pears perfectly.
This grain-free porridge is the perfect quick and easy yet nourishing and hydrating breakfast, requiring no cooking or baking. It’s especially great during the autumn/fall months when these fruits are all in season. Eating fruits when they’re in season has many health benefits (1):-
- It provides us with the specific nutrients we need at specific times of year,
- Fresher, as the time from them being picked to us eating them is shorter,
- Higher in nutrients,
- Stronger flavour,
- Lower in toxins as fewer pesticides are needed to grow them.
- Food processor (UK Link/US Link)
- Measuring spoons (UK Link/US Link)
- Chopping knife (UK Link/US Link)
- Lemon juicer (UK Link/US Link)
grain-free porridge dietary requirements
This grain-free porridge is free from:-
- Refined Sugar
It is also:-
- Autoimmune protocol friendly
OTHER breakfast RECIPES
- Wild Blueberry & Lemon Energy Balls
- Sprouted Buckwheat Pesto Salad
- Rainbow Nourish Bowl – For Any Dietary Requirement
- Healthy Tropical Popsicles/Ice Lollies
- Healthy Turmeric/Golden Milk Panna Cotta
TAG ME IN YOUR grain-free porridge CREATIONS ON SOCIAL MEDIA
I really hope you enjoy this grain-free porridge. If you make the recipe I’d love to see your creations. Tag me on social media – I’m on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest & YouTube and also use the hashtag #lbhealthandlifestyle.
don’t forget to share this recipe to social media!
Grain Free Apple & Pear Porridge
Grain free apple and pear porridge, flavoured with warming spices and topped with plums, raspberries and blueberries. A healthy, quick and easy raw no bake/cook breakfast recipe. Allergy friendly (free from gluten, dairy, lactose, wheat, soy, eggs, nuts, seeds, grains, oil & refined sugar). Vegan, paleo and autoimmune protocol (AIP) friendly.
- 2 apples
- 2 pears
- 2 tsp ceylon cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 1 plum, pitted and chopped
- Handful of raspberries
- Handful of blueberries
- Step 1 Place apples, pears, ceylon cinnamon, ground ginger, ground cloves and lemon juice in a food processor.
- Step 2 Pulse until the apples and pears resemble oat sized pieces.
- Step 3 Transfer to a serving bowl and top with chopped plum, raspberries and blueberries.
- Step 4 Above links are for US readers. UK links – ceylon cinnamon powder, ground ginger, ground cloves, food processor.