Healthy turmeric/golden milk panna cotta recipe. A light and creamy dessert, perfect for any time of year. Allergy friendly (free from gluten, dairy, lactose, soy, grains, nuts, seeds, refined sugar & oil). Vegan, autoimmune protocol (AIP) & paleo friendly. Suitable for kids and the whole family.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost to you I will earn commission if you click on a link and make a purchase. See my full disclaimer here.
Panna cotta is a light and creamy dessert that is perfect for any time of the year. However it’s typically made with cream and refined sugar, with even dairy free versions being made with coconut which doesn’t agree with me. So I set about making my own healthy panna cotta that was free from coconut, refined sugar and allergy friendly so it can be enjoyed by everyone.
Health benefits of turmeric
Turmeric has numerous health benefits. It contains curcurmin, which reduces inflammation and has strong anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties (1). I love incorporating it everyday in different ways, from turmeric lattes, pasta sauces, curries and sprinkled on salads. So I decided to combine my love of panna cotta with my love of turmeric and set about making a turmeric golden milk panna cotta.
Healthy panna cotta Ingredients
Ceylon cinnamon powder (UK Link/US Link). Balances blood sugar levels and has powerful anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal properties (2). Ceylon cinnamon is higher quality than regular cassia (3).
Tiger nut milk. Contrary to what the name suggests, tiger nuts are a root vegetable not a nut. Tiger nut milk is an allergy free plant based milk alternative. It is used instead of cream or coconut for the base of the panna cotta.
Equipment needed for healthy panna cotta
- Small saucepan (UK Link/US Link)
- Measuring spoons and cups (UK Link/US Link)
- Measuring jug (UK Link/US Link)
- Whisk (UK Link/US Link)
- Glass ramekins 120ml/4oz to store panna cottas in (UK Link/US Link)
healthy panna cotta dietary requirements
This healthy panna cotta is free from:-
- Refined sugar
It is also:-
- Autoimmune protocol (AIP) friendly – omit black pepper.
tag me in your healthy panna cotta creations on social media
I really hope you enjoy this healthy panna cotta. If you make the recipe I’d love to see your creations. Tag me on social media – I’m on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest & YouTube and also use the hashtag #lbhealthandlifestyle.
- Immune Boosting Chaga Berry Smoothie Bowl
- Healthy Tropical Popsicles/Ice Lollies
- Oven Baked Chocolate Pancake
- Sprouted Buckwheat Pesto Salad
- Rainbow Nourish Bowl – For Any Dietary Requirement
- Green Juice For Digestion
- Tiger Nut Milk – Nut-Free, Soy-Free, Grain-Free Plant Based Alternative
- Wild Blueberry & Lemon Energy Balls
- Herbal Tea Blend For Liver Health
- Herbal Tea Recipe For Sleep & Relaxation
Healthy Turmeric/Golden Milk Panna Cotta
Healthy allergy friendly turmeric/golden milk panna cotta. A light and creamy dessert. Free from gluten, dairy, soy, grains, eggs, nuts, seeds, refined sugar & oil. Vegan, autoimmune protocol (AIP) & paleo friendly.
- 300 ml / 1.25 cups tiger nut milk
- 1.5 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp ceylon cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 2 pinches of ground black pepper (omit for AIP)
- 1/2 tsp agar agar powder
- Step 1 In a small saucepan, whisk the turmeric powder, cinnamon, ginger, black pepper and agar agar powder into the tigernut milk until dissolved. Leave to rest for 10 minutes.
- Step 2 Bring the liquid to a boil over a medium heat, whisking constantly.
- Step 3 Boil for 2 minutes over a medium heat, whisking constantly.
- Step 4 Remove from the heat and pour the mixture into 2 glass ramekins.
- Step 5 Leave to cool completely at room temperature. Then, transfer to the fridge for 1-2 hours or until set.
- Step 6 The panna cotta can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- Step 7 Above links are for US readers. UK links – small saucepan, turmeric powder, cinnamon, ginger, black pepper, agar agar powder, whisk, glass ramekins.
- Step 8 Nutrition per serving. Calories 47.2kcal, Total Fat 2.8g, Carbohydrates 5.8g, Sugars 1.8g, Protein 0.7g, Sodium 1.2mg, Fibre 2.4g, Saturated fat 0.5g. Nutrition information is an estimate provided by an online calculator and is only intended for reference only.