Immune boosting chaga mixed berry smoothie bowl recipe. Chaga mushroom powder has one of the highest antioxidant levels of any food, which boosts our immune system. It’s combined with berries and banana to produce a healthy, quick & easy allergy-friendly smoothie bowl, made in just 5 minutes. The perfect light and refreshing breakfast. Free from gluten, dairy, lactose, grains, wheat, soy, eggs, nuts, seeds, oil & refined sugar. Vegan & paleo friendly with auto-immune protocol (AIP) and whole30 options.
Disclaimer: This post is for informational purposes only. Information in this post and blog is not intended to constitute or be a substitute for medical advice. Please consult a qualified practitioner if you have any questions regarding medical problems and before making any changes to your current diet or treatment plan. This post contains affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost to you I will earn commission if you click on a link and make a purchase. See my full disclaimer here.
During the warm summer months, smoothie bowls are my go to breakfast. They’re sweet and refreshing and help keep me cool and hydrated in the summer heat. They can be made in just 5 minutes by simply blending all the ingredients in a food processor or high spend blender.
You can vary the ingredients each day for variety. However, one of my favourites is this chaga summer berry smoothie bowl. It’s packed full of ingredients which boost our immune system and maximise the health benefits of sunlight, while at the same time protecting us from the potential harmful effects of it.
Smoothie bowl Ingredients
- One of the greatest food sources of melanin, which protects the skin from sun damage by absorbing the sunlight’s UV radiation (1).
- Maximises the health benefits of sunlight for us by converting this radiation into energy for the body to use, which reduces fatigue and increases our alertness and energy levels throughout the day (2).
- Boosts our immune system. It has one of the highest antioxidant levels of any food and has powerful anti-inflammatory and anti viral properties (3).
Berries (strawberries, blackberries, raspberries & blueberries) & banana
- High in antioxidants and various vitamins and minerals, which reduces inflammation and boosts our immune system.
- High water content (they’re 75-95% water), which helps keep me hydrated – especially important in the summer (4).
- Dark leafy greens help balance blood sugar levels (5).
- High in chlorophyll which, like melanin in chaga powder, also protects the skin from sun damage by absorbing its UV rays and uses sunlight to produce energy for the body to use (6).
- Transports oxygen round the body, further increasing energy levels and helping to remove toxins and heavy metals from the body (6).
- Aids digestion,
- Has powerful anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, anti-viral and antioxidant properties, helping to boost the immune system (7).
- Balances blood sugar levels,
- Has powerful antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal properties (8).
- Ceylon cinnamon is higher quality than cassia cinnamon.
equipment needed to make smoothie bowl
- Food processor (UK Link/US Link)
- Measuring spoons and cups (UK Link/US Link)
- Weighing scales (UK Link/US Link)
smoothie bowl Dietary Requirements
This smoothie bowl is free from:-
- Refined Sugar
It is also:-
- Auto-Immune Protocol (AIP) friendly (omit chaga mushroom powder)
- Whole30 friendly.
tag me in your smoothie bowl creations on social media
I really hope you enjoy this smoothie bowl. If you make the recipe I’d love to see your creations. Tag me on social media – I’m on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest & YouTube and also use the hashtag #lbhealthandlifestyle.
other summer recipes
- Healthy Tropical Fruit Popsicles/Ice Lollies
- Healthy Turmeric/Golden Milk Panna Cotta
- Sprouted Buckwheat Pesto Salad
- Oven Baked Chocolate Pancake
- Grain-Free Apple & Pear Porridge
- Rainbow Nourish Bowl – For Any Dietary Requirement
- Green Juice For Digestion
- Tiger Nut Milk – Nut-Free, Soy-Free, Grain-Free Plant Based Alternative
- Wild Blueberry & Lemon Energy Balls
- Herbal Tea Blend For Liver Health
- Herbal Tea Recipe For Sleep & Relaxation
Immune Boosting Chaga Berry Smoothie Bowl
Chaga mushroom powder has one of the highest antioxidant levels of any food, which boosts our immune system. It's combined with berries & banana to produce this immune boosting chaga berry smoothie bowl. Healthy, quick & easy breakfast, snack or dessert. Free from gluten, dairy, soy, lactose, eggs, nuts, seeds, grains, oil & refined sugar. Vegan, autoimmune protocol (AIP), paleo and whole30 friendly.
- 80 grams/3 ounces frozen strawberries
- 80 grams/3 ounces frozen raspberries
- 80 grams/3 ounces frozen blueberries
- 80 grams/3 ounces frozen blackberries
- 80 grams/3 ounces cos/romaine lettuce
- 1 medium banana
- 1 tsp chaga mushroom powder (omit for AIP)
- 1/2 tsp Ceylon cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- Filtered water if needed, to desired consistency
- Topping - additional berries
- Step 1 Place berries, lettuce, banana, chaga mushroom powder, cinnamon and ginger in a food processor or high speed blender.
- Step 2 Blend on high for 2-3 minutes or until a smooth liquid is formed, with no lumps remaining.
- Step 3 Transfer to a glass bowl and serve straight away, with additional berries on top.
- Step 4 Above links are for UK readers. US links – chaga mushroom powder, ceylon cinnamon, ground ginger, food processor, blender.